Trekking Permits


It can be complicated to understand what fees are involved in our Joyful Trekking & Tour (P.) Ltd, to trek in Nepal you will need to get hold of one or more permits, depending on the area that you plan to visit. Some permits are required in advance and some can be bought on the spot. To get complete information of trekking permit fee. There are different types of permits and/or fees:

  • Special Trekking Permit for restricted/controlled areas
  • Trekkers’ Information Management System/TIMS Card
  • Conservation Area entrance fee
  • National Park entrance fee
  • Trekking peak climbing and mountaineering permit
  • Filming and documentary shooting permit


Special Trekking Permits for classified areas are needed for most trekking areas besides Annapurna, Everest and Langtang & Helambu. Trekking Permits are raised by the Department of relocation and have to be obtained in advance of the trips. They can only be obtained through an authorized trekking or travel agency. Besides, in areas where trekking permits are needed, it is not allowed to go trekking without a guide. The trekking permits are issued for groups of 2 or more than 2 persons. Special trekking permit fees vary for different destinations. An overview of areas where you need a trekking permit you can find on the website of the Ministry Home Affairs, Department of Immigration of Nepal

National Park in Nepal

National parks are the wealth of nation. It is a reserve of natural, semi-natural, or developed land that a sovereign state declares or owns. Although individual nations designate their own national parks differently, there is a common idea: the conservation of 'wild nature' for posterity and as a symbol of national pride. In order to enter the national park we need to have some permit and ticket to go through it.